This was just one of those things that once I had the idea I had start immediately (despite the fact that I have a huge backlog of half completed projects).

I had completely overlooked the free Kasia skirt pattern on Burdastyle until I saw this lovely grey wool version. I already had a navy fleece throw from Ikea earmarked for a dress. When I was reminded of the neckline from the Danielle dress (another Burdastyle freebie) its fate was sealed.
So the top part is from the Danielle pattern and the bottom is a simplified Kasia Skirt. I kind of blended the waistbands from the two patterns together. I had expected to need to move the zips on both patterns to the side, but since the fleece has a bit of stretch, I was very pleased to discover I didn't need one at all. I also eliminated the front flap on the Kasia so the buttons are purely decorative and the pockets joined so it's like one big pouch at the front. The pocket fabric is from an old dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment