Not strictly a remake, although I got the fabric dirt cheap about 8 years ago. This dress represents how much I've learnt over the last 18 months; from other blogs, books, magazines; but mainly from my own mistakes. I used several different techniques to create it.
The bottom was based on a dress I already own, the bodice and sleeves adapted from Burdastyle's Kristen pattern and the collar was a bit of freestyling, inspired by a top I saw online. 

I extended each side of the front bodice. crossed them over, wrapped round the neck and sewed together at the back of the neck. There are various bits of stitching to hold it together but the drapes and patterning pretty much hide the construction.
The fabric has enough stretch to get it on and off without needing a zip. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. So good! I love the collar and the whole fit of the dress. Nice work!