Nothing makes me happier than when a fix is both functional and decorative. I loved this shirt but it was a bit tight around the arms. Not enough to make it unwearable but enough to restrict movement and make raising my arms tricky.

So I removed the cuffs and cut a notch in each sleeve. I had a tiny bit of spare fabric from some unnecessary belt loops which I used as bias binding on the edges. I rejoined the cuffs but with a bit of elastic at the join. The final touch was a small bow to cover the elastic.

So now if someone asks who has cute sleeve detail, I can raise my arm with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment